|Instructors with UAB’s EatRight Weight Management Program prepare healthy recipes on Fox 6's Good Day Alabama morning show. On Thursday, May 6, 2004, EatRight instructor Suzanne Henson, R.D., prepared a quick and easy entrée.
1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 large navel orange
1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Trim fat from pork; cut pork into medallions (about 1/2" thick slices). Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side until done.
3. Remove rind from orange, avoiding pith; cut rind into thin slices. Remove pith from orange; separate orange into sections and set aside.
4. Add rind to skillet and sauté 1 minute. Add broth to skillet. Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients.
5. Add juice mixture to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Remove from heat and stir in orange sections. Serve pork with orange sauce.
Yields: 4 Servings
Sponsors: The EatRight-Fox 6 cooking segments are sponsored by Bruno's, Inc.
For more recipes, try the EatRight Lose Weight 7 Simple Steps and EatRight Heart Smart cookbooks, which can be ordered by calling EatRight at (205) 934-7053.